Research evaluation in transition: challenges & opportunities (James Wilsdon talk for UIMP, Santander, 6 July 2022)
As a contribution to a three-day UIMP symposium on "Research evaluation: challenges and opportunities for Spanish universities" from 6-8 July 2022, in this talk James Wilsdon describes progress towards responsible research assessment (RRA) over the past 5-10 years.
His presentation covers:
- The move from responsible metrics to responsible research assessment;
- Movers and shapers of these agendas in the UK and internationally;
- Experiments in RRA: some interim results;
- Global Research Council: results of a funder survey;
- Metrics in the UK Research Excellence Framework (REF): a case study;
- Five priorities for the next five years.